30 May 2019

Arsenic and Old Lace

I am a HUGE fan of anything macabre, skulls, skeletons, ravens.

This week, I've used an index card to interpret this Southern Girls Challenge, ribbons and lace.

I wanted to use this epic skulls border stamp and I love the play Arsenic and Old Lace - so that's my inspiration for this challenge.



Some serious mixed media going on here. We've got lace, wool, yarn, tissue paper, spray ink, staples, ribbon, washi tape, gesso, glue and sticky back pearls! Oh, and some iridescent chunky glitter.



Because most ribbons are made from plastic, I used a heat gun to melt the lace so that it created holes, discoloured the ribbon to yellow and brown. Love it!




Did I inspire you? Good. Now head on over to the SG Challenge blog and share your creations (you could even win a little something for your crafty drawer!)

No comments:

Post a Comment