27 Jun 2019

Stripes and Stitching

I love a good scraplift - I also enjoy looking back over my older layouts, some of them are pretty good - even if I do say so myself!

This week, I've been inspired by scraps, stripes and stitching from one of my own layouts - it's around 7 years old - to interpret this week's Southern Girls Challenge - stripes!



Without further ado  -  here's the inspiration layout...


And a close up of the stitching...



And here's my latest interpretation. All the papers are from my scraps box, the only full sheet is the background cardstock. 



I chose the photo after I'd created the background, that was a little challenging as I used a lot of different colours. I also found it needed a white mat in order to bring the photo forward and stand out. 





One of the most important things about creativity is introspection, looking back and asking what you would do differently. 





With this layout, I used black thread and I think it's a little harsh, perhaps if I used different colours, it may have softened the look a little. However, with so many papers that could have been tricky - and more importantly, I was too lazy to change the thread!!!


Did I inspire you? Good. Now head on over to the SG Challenge blog and share your creations (you could even win a little something for your crafty drawer!)

No comments:

Post a Comment